15 Ways you can Spot Online Poker Players at Live Poker Tables
Those of us who had played live poker regularly can usually spot the online poker players a mile away. Here are 16 things you can look for that’ll help you identify “the online guys” sitting with you at the felt.
- Online players shuffle their poker chips on Poker Padz, which is poker table-shaped mouse pad.
- After losing, they shout out: “this game is set up!”
- When someone cracks a joke at the table, and while everyone else is laughing they just say “lol” or “ROFL!”
- They call a floor-person as a moderator.
- They’ll be extremely miserly about tipping dealers, however, they will consistently instruct them to “ship it” when they win a pot.
- For registering they will ask for SNG or MTT to the poker room manager.
- After losing a major pot, they challenge the champ to a heads-up match.
- During a poker tournament, they’ll take a 5-minute break every hour.
- After a 12-hour session, they’ll quit and announce they need to head home for some “scheduled server downtime”.
- They’ll state they’ve been playing poker expertly for a long time.
- They’ll justify a bad call by claiming it was a “misclick”.
- They continue referring to the huge stack at the table as “villain”.
- When you ask them their names, they’ll say something like “johnny123” or “xxxb0mb3r”.
- They’ll take a look at the bad beat jackpot display and say “I made more than that in Rakeback last year”.