Know your rights if you suffer a slip and fall injury at Costco
What is Costco?
Costco Wholesale Corporation, or Costco, is an American company which a big box warehouse known for big deals and savings. Being the 2nd largest retailer in the world after Walmart, it is the largest retailer of organic foods, prime beef, wine, and rotisserie chicken. In Canada, Costco has over 100 branches. In Scarborough, Toronto, the warehouse was opened in 2017. Costco being the popular place to shop is also a place for many accidents. You should hire a slip and fall lawyer at Toronto Grillo Barristers.
Common reasons for Injuries in Costco:
- Wet weather conditions outside resulting in high traffic inside.
- Unpacked materials lying on the floor.
- Spills on the aisles.
- Wet and washed floors
- Snow on parking lots and on walkways
- Pallets of materials on the aisles causing the tripping.
What to do after a slip and fall accident at Costco?
Follow these steps:
1) When you suffer from a slip and fall injury, immediately report the incident to the store personnel.
2) Either report the accident yourself or get a copy of the report that includes that you required paramedic attention.
3) Collect evidence and accident-related reports like medical records and bills.
4) Make a future estimated medical record and bill for Costco and for your lawyer.
5) Maintain a record of the wages that you lost due to the accident.
How to claim after a slip and fall injury at Costco?
The best way to start filing a claim for a slip and fall injury is to collect all records, reports, and evidence related to the accidents. Keep a record of medical bills and the loss of wages you had a due to the accident.
Then, hire lawyer who will help you collect the evidence and will draft a letter on your behalf.
Why hiring a lawyer is the most important thing here?
Hiring a slip and fall lawyer at Toronto, Grillo Barristers, is the most thing that you should do after you suffer from an accident at Costco. Hiring a lawyer increases your chances of getting a high compensation as the lawyer is an expert and can handle your case effectively. Filing a claim by yourself may not be effective as an attorney is a right person who can understand whether the compensation offered to you and to decide it was a fair deal or not. In case, if he feels that the compensation is less, he can negotiate on your behalf so that you get the right and fair compensation. If necessary, the claim can be escalated to a lawsuit and an attorney can represent your case with proper evidence under proper laws.