Topical Application of CBD
CBD stands for Cannabiodiol. It is naturally occurring compound which is found Cannabis plants such as hemp and marijuana. CBD has a number of therapeutic benefits and can be used to fight anxiety, cancer, autoimmune disorders, epilepsy and aging. CBD can be inhaled using vape devices or ingested as sublingual concoctions. Apart from inhaling and ingesting, CBD oil can also be applied on the skin topically. There are CBD roll-ons, creams, balms and salvesavailable in the market which can be topically applied on the skin. People have reported that using CBD roll-ons does help in providing pain relief and also helps in curing psoriasis and eczema.
Benefits of CBD roll-ons
These are some benefits associated with the use of CBD roll-ons
- CBD applied using roll-on acts on the particular area on which it is applied. The CBD does not reach the bloodstream as is the case with inhalation and ingestion. Instead, it works its therapeutic on the cells, muscles, joints and bones.
- CBD roll-on reduces inflammation, joint pain and stiffness, muscle tenderness and other uncomfortable conditions of the muscles and bones. Thus, it is very useful for athletes to reduce pain without the need to bother about drug rules and regulations applicable to athletes. CBD is not a banned compound and can be easily used by athletes.
- CBD roll-on can be used to treat acne. This is because CBD reduces inflammation and helps in eliminating acne. In addition, it also reduces the production of oil by sebaceous glands which further promote the treatment of acne. Anti-inflammation action of CBD also improves the health of the skin and increases elasticity which combine to reduce the effects of aging on the skin.
- CBD roll-on can be used to provide relief from chronic pain caused by arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other conditions. It can also be used to treat chronic back pain and headache.
- CBD roll on can be applied on pressure points on the neck and temple to help in relieving stress and anxiety and also help in sleeping.
- CBD roll-on reduces skin inflammation and reduces the rate of growth of skin cells. Hence, it can be used to treat psoriasis. CBD roll-on made CBD extracted from hemp contain Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which nourishes the skin and help in maintaining the skin health.